· Resident Preconstruction Meeting conducted on Monday, June 27th. Thanks to all those who attended. Hopefully you found the information provided beneficial.
Work Anticipated to be completed Next week, July 4th to July 8th
· No work on-site July 4th
· Grind-in-place of the existing roadway along Longvalley Road from Country Lane to east cul-de-sac
· Product deliveries
· Mobilization of equipment
· Begin sanitary sewer service replacements as planned
· Begin sanitary sewer manhole replacements as required
· Perform sanitary sewer repairs as required
Major construction will begin this week. The contractor will grind-in-place the existing roadway on Tuesday, July 5th. This will allow the contractor to more easily excavate through the existing pavement and provide the temporary driving surface during the duration of the construction project until the new asphalt pavement is installed.
The contractor will then begin making the planned sanitary sewer service replacements, sanitary sewer manhole replacements, and sanitary sewer repairs. The contractor will begin along Longvalley Road at the easterly cul-de-sac and work west to Country Lane.
At this time, the existing pavement along the last block of Longvalley Road from Country Lane to North Branch Road as well as North Branch Road from Central Parkway to Country Lane will be left in-place. The contractor will focus their efforts along Longvalley Road prior to moving to North Branch Road.
The week of July 11th, Nicor Gas is anticipated to begin gas main replacement along North Branch Road.
As the construction project gets started, there will be various inconveniences that you will be experiencing including dust, rough roadways, travel delays due to construction traffic, and other general items. Please understand the Village will do everything possible to reduce these inconveniences to the greatest extent possible.
Thank you in advance as you deal with living in a construction area for the next several months.
The contractor will not be on-site over the July 4th Holiday. Have a safe and enjoyable Holiday Weekend!!!