· Water service replacements along North Branch Road
· Final water main connection at North Branch Road and Country Lane
· Storm sewer installation along North Branch Road
· Storm sewer replacement between 342 & 348 North Branch Road
· Paved first layer of asphalt pavement along Longvalley Road from river to North Branch Road
· Adjusting manholes to grade along Longvalley Road
· Driveway replacements along Longvalley Road
· Rough grading and topsoil installation in preparation for sod along Longvalley Road
· Fine grading topsoil and sod installation along Longvalley Road
· Nicor gas main and service replacements along Longvalley Road and North Branch Road is now completed.
Work Anticipated to be completed This week, October 31st to November 4th
· Complete storm sewer installation along North Branch Road
· Begin roadway improvements including removing the existing roadway, grading, and installing new aggregate base course in preparation for asphalt pavement.
· Continue with fine grading topsoil and sod installation along Longvalley Road
The restoration work along Longvalley Road is on-going and will be nearly completed by the end of next week. The contractor will leave approximately 2 feet of sod to be installed following the roadway surface paving. The reason for leaving this area along the edge of pavement is so the contractor can match the new asphalt surface once it is paved.
Storm sewer installation along North Branch Road is on-going and is expected to be completed by the end of the week. Once the storm sewer is completed, all underground utility work will be completed and the roadway improvements will begin.
As the weather gets colder, we are closing in on the end of the construction season. The long-range schedule to complete the project this year includes:
North Branch Road:
· Week of November 7th – Complete roadway excavation and preparation work for asphalt pavement
· Week of November 14th – Pave first layer of asphalt pavement. Begin driveway restorations.
· Week of November 21st (Prior to Thanksgiving) – Adjust Manholes to grade. Pave surface layer of asphalt.
· Week of November 28th – Sod Restoration.
· Week of November 7th – Clean site and demobilize from construction staging area
· Week of November 14th – Pave final surface layer of asphalt pavement
· Week of November 21st – Complete sod restoration.
Thanks again for all your patience and understanding throughout the construction process. A significant amount of work has been completed the past several weeks and will continue for the next several weeks to get the project completed prior to the end of the construction season.