· Performed testing and received required approvals to place the remaining portion of the newly installed water main along Longvalley Road into service.
· Continued water service replacements along Longvalley Road.
· Made connections to the existing water main at intersections of Crabtree Lane and Rio Vista Road.
· Nicor Gas completed Phase I of the gas main and service replacements along North Branch Road and Longvalley Road from Country Lane to North Branch Road.
Work Anticipated to be completed This week, August 22nd to 26th
· Complete water service replacements along Longvalley Road between Country Lane and North Branch Road
· Complete connections between the existing water main and the new water main at North Branch Road and Country Lane
· Begin storm sewer installation along Longvalley Road from river working west.
· Nicor has demobilized and will continue Phase II of the gas main and service replacement along Longvalley Road once the storm sewer work is completed.
The contractor will complete the water service replacements along Longvalley Road between Country Lane and North Branch Road this week. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The contractor will also make connections between the existing water main and the newly installed water main at Country Lane and North Branch Road. As with last week, during these connections, the existing and new water main will be need to shut-down. Residents affected by the shut-down are notified the day prior to the shut-down occurring.
A majority of the water system improvements along Longvalley Road will be completed near the middle of the week. The contractor will begin installing the new storm sewer starting at the river and working west. A majority of the project will be receiving new, and larger, storm sewer piping.